After apparently passing up a low-cost opportunity to bring Kim Min-Jae to Old Trafford, Manchester United are planning to make an offer to sign him in January. This comes more than a year after they passed up the chance to bring him to Old Trafford.
At this year’s World Cup, the central defender has been playing for South Korea and has started three of their four matches. Due to an injury, he was unable to play in the final game of the group.
South Korea competed well enough to go to the knockout stages of the tournament, but their run was cut short by a 4-1 loss to Brazil in the round of 16.
Since making the move from Turkish powerhouse Fenerbahce to Italian powerhouse Napoli in the summer, he has been a big success on the club level.
According to Emmanuele Calaio, a former striker for Napoli, the defender’s efforts have earned him the title of “exceptional,” and he has been an ever-present in their Champions League campaign. Tuttomercatoweb reported this information.
The 26-year-old player has outstanding defensive qualities, and he possesses an exceptional level of composure while possessing the ball.
And now, United have entered the competition to sign him as a player.
Following Kim Min-strong Jae’s start to the season with Napoli, Erik ten Hag’s team is said to have rekindled their interest in signing him, as reported by the Daily Mirror.
The defender was of interest to both United and Tottenham during the previous season, with the same source claiming that United were offered the opportunity to sign him for $3 million while he was playing for Beijing Guoan of the Chinese Super League. Tottenham was also interested in the defender during the previous season.
However, neither English team was interested in taking advantage of that possibility, and he ultimately transferred to Fenerbahce.
According to Football Transfers, the defender’s contract reportedly contains a release clause of approximately €45 million, which would most certainly make him an inexpensive option for both clubs in January.
And it is suggested that United have been closely monitoring the player’s performances in advance of a potential move. However, it remains to be seen whether the 26-year-old would jump at the chance to move to Manchester, given that the Red Devils failed to sign him as recently as a year ago. If he did, it remains to be seen whether he would do so enthusiastically.
Gary Neville called Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears after Portugal’s World Cup loss ‘horrible’
Morocco became the first African nation to reach a World Cup semi-final by defeating Portugal on Saturday.
After halftime, Ronaldo equalled the men’s all-time appearance record of 196 international matches.
Youssef En-first-half Nesyri’s goal ended Portugal’s quarterfinal hopes.
At the end of his final World Cup, Ronaldo cried down the tunnel.
Neville sympathized with Ronaldo after his Piers Morgan interview last month, which outraged Manchester United and other club icons.
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo said he had “no respect” for United boss Erik ten Hag and accused Neville and Rooney of always criticizing him.
‘I do want to highlight Cristiano Ronaldo because I saw the image of him crying in the tunnel,’ Neville remarked on his Sky Sports podcast.
I hated that image. That’s when he realizes his country’s World Cup dream is over.
‘We’ve all been there at the end of our careers, but he’s one of the greatest, if not the greatest player ever. His condition was awful. He’s struggled.
Morocco will play reigning champions France in the semi-finals after Portugal’s loss.
Croatia will face Argentina, who defeated Netherlands on penalties in the last round, in the other semi-final.
Ronaldo wrote on Instagram Sunday: ‘Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.
‘Fortunately, I won several international titles, including for Portugal, but putting our country on the largest one in the world was my ultimate desire.
I struggled. This dream was hard-fought. I gave my everything in the five World Cups I scored across 16 years, always alongside great players and cheered by millions of Portuguese fans.
‘I gave everything. I kept fighting and dreaming. Unfortunately, yesterday’s dream ended.
‘Reacting hotly is pointless. I want everyone to know that my love for Portugal has never wavered, despite all the talk.
I always fought for everyone’s goal and never abandoned my teammates or country.
No more for now. Portugal, thanks. Qatar, thanks. The dream was lovely. Let history tell the story and let everyone form their own judgments.